Metro Kiosk due January 8, 2019
- Teams of 2–3
- 2 days
- Pen and paper
- Paper prototype
- Plan questions with your team before investigating.
- Find stations nearby to make observations and ask questions.
- Prototype quickly so you don’t have to stick with your first idea.
- Test your prototype with classmates by giving them scenarios to role-play and observing where they succeed and where they fail.
- What actions are people generally taking?
- Are there existing pain points in the process?
- How do your proposed design changes improve things?
Presentation (10 minutes)
- How did you work together as a team?
- What did you discover from your observations?
- Demonstrate how someone would use your kiosk.
- What would you do differently next time?
Prototyping & Testing
With your team, you’ll improvise a station in the classroom, which you’ll use to simulate the environment and test your interface ideas on paper.
When it’s time to present, we’ll visit each group’s station so they can walk us through what they made and why.