Design Process January 7, 2019
In this course, we’ll take an iterative approach to design. No one “process” fits all projects. However, we’ll find it useful to alternate between divergent (exploratory) and convergent (decisive) thinking, and to find ways to test ideas efficiently to gain confidence in our decisions.
- outline the 5 parts of the d.school design thinking process
- describe the double diamond process model
- explain why it’s important to identify problems before devising solutions
- An Introduction to Design Thinking: Process Guide from Stanford’s d.school
- The Double Diamond: Strategy + Execution of the Right Solution by Jonny Schneider at Thoughtworks
- For something more in-depth, read A study of the design process from the Design Council in the UK, which resulted in the double diamond model.